CCM week 1: Accidentally called an Élder a whore

 HELLO EVERYONEEE! I am coming to you from the CCM in la ciudad de Mexico.


WOW WOW WOW there is truly so much that has happened and I know emails can get LONGGG so I will try to keep it at a *reasonable* length. Picking up where I left off, I had my farewell which was awesome. Huge shout out to everyone who helped with that especially my amazing parents. Then Thursday was the day to leave and boy oh boy was that HARD. I cannot describe the surreal feeling walking through the airport having just said goodbye to your family for 18 months. IT WAS HARD. But you know what, I can do hard things and you can too because guess who is supporting us, guess who is doing all the heavy lifting…that’s right, Jesus Christ. (I hope yall guessed right lol). And those first few hours continued to be hard, but it got so much better. It was a gradual thing for sure and the hard does not automatically go away as much as we wish it would. A scripture that I ABSOLUTELY ADORE and strengthened me is Mosiah 24:14-15. Go mark it in your scriptures!🙏


 It says:

“14 And I will also EASE the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made LIGHT; yea, the Lord did STRENGTHEN them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit Cheerfully and with PATIENCE to all the will of the Lord.”


I testify that God does strengthen us so that what we are going through feels easier. He does not take it away, but he makes us stronger so it feels easier and lighter.

And like I mentioned earlier, it got so much better. I love learning español and learning how to teach the gospel. You guys, GOD IS SO GOOD! Look for how he is working in your life and I promise you will find the miracles. His church is true. The Book of Mormon is AMAZING. Read it again and again. It will bring you so much joy.❤️


Okay now I gotta explain the title. As you guys know, I love basketball so me and my comp and some of the elders in our district decided to play horse during our gym time. Long story short, I cooked them, but the funny part is when Elder McGrew missed his shot and was already at HO-your girl yelled HOR, but that sounds exactly like ‘whore’ so whoopsie daisy. Probably not something to yell ever, especially at the CCM hehe.🙈


Anyways love you guys mucho, pero Jesucristo te amo MOST (lowkey don’t know that word en español)

Adios,

Hermana Jensen







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me bautizaré en STAR WARS🌊⚔️

Even in Spanish, boys STILL lie about their height (HMTC)

La caída de Hermana Jensen (I fell down the stairs)